Conflict and War: Supporting educators
Education Scotland recently held an informative webinar for educators covering the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and teaching without racism.
A number of resources were mentioned during the webinar, please see below for the list of links to each, these are also active links in the PDF above.
- Force’s Children’s Education: Resources, conflict & war
- Education Scotland, Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights & Scotdec launch new suite of Anti-racism support for staff.
- Education Scotland, Promoting race equality and anti-racist education.
- The Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights
- Glow Scotland Blog: Promoting Race Equality and Anti-racist Education
- Education Scotland: Supporting professional learning and leadership for educators in Scotland
- Education Scotland: Teaching about conflict and war: Support for educators
- Education Scotland Wakelet: Conflict & War
- Education Scotland Wakelet: ‘Being me’ through adversity and trauma
- The Guardian Foundation, Newswise
- Educational Psychology Service Hub: Talking to Children about the News
- Education Scotland report: Interdisciplinary Learning: ambitious learning for an increasingly complex world (PDF, 322kb)
- Scotdec’s Issue to Action: Maths
- Oxfam Library: Teaching Controversial Issues: A guide for teachers