Free days out and cheap train travel for families
Looking for affordable ways to entertain the children during the summer holidays?
With ScotRail’s ‘Kids for a Quid’ offer you can enjoy budget train travel and free entry to some of Scotland’s most popular attractions.
For every paying adult, up to four children between the ages of five and 15 can travel off-peak or on any weekend service for only £1 each.
You also get free child entry to top attractions when you travel with a ‘Kids for a Quid’ ticket and buy a standard, full-price adult ticket.
Venues taking part in the deal include:
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Deep Sea World, North Queensferry
- Dundee Science Centre
- Floors Castle, Kelso
- Cruise Loch Lomond, Arrochar
- Abbotsford House, Tweedbank
- Highland Wildlife Park, Kingussie
- Loch Lomond SEA LIFE Aquarium, Balloch
- Scottish Sea Bird Centre, North Berwick
- The Hampden Experience and Scottish Football Museum, Glasgow
- Aberdeen Science Centre
‘Kids for a Quid’ tickets can be used alongside commuters’ existing season tickets or Flexipasses. There’s no need to book in advance – you can buy at station ticket offices or, when this is not available, on the train.
For more information and full terms and conditions, visit Kids for a Quid