Supporting our Veterans: Consultation open
The UK Government’s Office for Veterans’ Affairs has launched a consultation to gather evidence on the experiences of UK Armed Forces Veterans to help shape future strategies.
Open to UK Armed Forces Veterans and their families who are based in the UK or overseas as well as Veteran organisations, charities and experts, it will help assess the effectiveness of current policies and services. The findings will also shape strategies, ensuring they are fit for the future.
The survey explores several themes, including:
- Health and wellbeing
- Employment, education and skills
- Making a home in civilian society
- Finance and debt
- Veterans and the law
- Community and relationships
- Collaboration between organisations
- Coordination of Veterans’ services
- Data on the Veteran community
- Public perception and understanding
- Recognition of Veterans
- The economic contribution of Veterans.
The consultation closes at 5pm on 4 January – click here to take part.
We have lots of useful guides for families of school-age young people in our Families section.
More for Educators
Our Educators section is filled with valuable information for teachers of Forces children across Scotland.